Wednesday 24 August 2011

Sketch 263

Wanna win some Prima papers + other goodies? Please click here!






There is a bit of story with those bricks. I cut ALL of those bricks from raw grey board and painted them twice with Picket Fence Crackle paint. Picket Fence is color white. My plan was to mist or paint them later on with brown. My two daughters couldn't help themselves. Kept on telling me that bricks should be RED. So I showed them a patterned paper where the bricks are in brown. But, my kids are idealist. They just wouldn't budged. So off I went to the LSS and bought the red crackle paint and applied another layer. 3 coatings of crackle paint turned out nice (and expensive LOL). Love, love this layout! And to top it all, I used Tim Holtz alphas for the first time in this layout. All other papers are scraps though so the expense is still bearable. Hehe. Result - priceless!

1 comment:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hehe I prefer red bricks too!! ;) This layout is indeed gorgeous, Sookie!!