Friday 28 October 2011

Goodbye?

Life (or maybe scrapbooking) takes you to places, to people you never thought you'd see or meet.

Anyways... I am not really saying goodbye to my Singapore Scrapmates but we just met up UNTIL THE NEXT CROP. Where and when? Not sure yet. LOL.

I was soooo inspired by Mareng E's vintage party that I wanted to make a kit for my friends to play with but I do not want to make a sample. Gosh! No! Hahaha... My guests are veteran scrapbookers, they know their way around. When my mind is not confined to work, I was thinking about papers and gimmicks for the crop. Initially, I thought of one sketch where everyone will follow. But, nah, the people coming have their own style and I wanted to challenge their comfort zone. It all fell into place when Sister C said, why not pattern it after Amazing Race! And, that was it, ideas just started to flow.

So anyways, I gave them start line task which was to guess a phrase in order for them to get their DETOURS. Then, once they finish their detours, they can get their sketch and kits.

The kits are composed of Amy Tangerine papers, my latest love. And, I was so happy that they loved it. It was so much fun playing with Amy's papers. Hayyy this is a lot like the love I had for the Love, Elsie line before. Hehe.

It was pure bliss. Giving them their own sketches proved to be a gem. Even with the papers and sketch, they still made it their own! More stories of Mareng B's blog.

Thanks to the yummy food that Bebang and Mareng E brought!
Thanks to the tools/stamps/etc. that Mareng B loaned us!
Thanks to Mader L for bringing the Selphy printer!
Thanks to Sister C for all her help with the conceptualization and for trying to find ink for the Selphy!

Love you girls!

2 comments:

Jolanda said...

Sweet Sookie,just want to let you know...you
are the best friend a woman can wish for!!!<3 you.xx

Genevive said...

Soox, honestly naiyak na ako. i hate the fact na konti lang tayo nag scrap together. tapos aalis ka na... not knowing if magkikita pa ba tayo... i really enjoy your company.... and that crop was the best for me! di naman halata sa tawa ko no... (di ko na sasabihin na i really love the lumpiang hubad! and happy talaga ako sa goodies! at super cool ang "amazing race" concept at ang gagaling natin hehehe ).. so touched for counting me among the very few (di ko pa run ma gets, so honored)... i pray that before you go, sana kahit coffee man lang... if God allows *sniff* Thanks for everything Soox! :)